Sunday, July 15, 2012

High and Low

Today's highs and lows are as follows:

Hayden: High "taking a nap"
              Low "having a fever"
Mommy: High "good dinner day at church"
              Low "Hayden being sick and the end of the wkd came to fast"
Caleb: High "playing football after church"
           Low "Dad being mean to me"
Jeff: High "being with my family"
       Low "Hayden being sick"

So as you can see the prediction yesterday came true halfway, only one of the 2 boys woke up being sick. I absolutely love high and low time of the day. We watched a movie several years ago with Bruce Willis and I can't remember the actresses name...oh yeah Michelle Pfeifer. They were a married couple with children and did this at dinner it was a great idea and has become a Graves family staple since. One of the funniest was when Hayden had been mad at me he said, my high was when you left today mom and my low was when you came home. Well honestly I didn't like that but it was how he felt and gave me an opening to go back in and get my little man back out and talk to me. One of my goals as a mom is to make sure my boys never feel unloved or question my love for them but at the same time teach them to be kind, loving, honest, and respectable men that will be pleasing to God. God has a way of reminding me that even though I think they are mine they are his first.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! How awesome that you guys practice this and open up such wonderful avenues for conversation....even the ones we don't really want to have.

    I may have to steal this idea from you!!! Or Michelle Pfiefer. Whoever.

    ReplyDelete